I know, I know....it's been over a month since my last post, I'm sorry ;-). A lots happened in the last month, it's been really busy, but so enjoyable. Lots of great, quality family time.
So, Christmas! This year B and I hosted, I really wanted to make it special. As a child growing up I've always loved this time of year, a lot of great memories involve family and friends and these often come together at Christmas.
I guess given my excitement it's not great surprise that Chloe couldn't wait for the big red man to visit. This is probably the first year where she understood everything, and boy was she excited. From putting up the Christmas tree ( I posted pics on a previous post). To visiting Santa, writing out her Christmas cards...everything was met with childlike enthusiasm...I love seeing her so happy and nothing makes Chloe happier then being with her family.
Christmas night saw us putting out milk and biccies for Santa...funny this, as I always remember Santa wanting beer when I was a child...hmmm. I guess Santa has become a little more sensible, I wonder how long that will last. Chloe could not wait to get into bed! Dressed in a Rudolf t-shirt she was snuggled up with eyes shut really tightly when I went to give her a story. She was fast asleep and I think that's a record for my little girl.

Christmas morning and Chloe ran into our room to wake us up (including Ry who had wriggled in between us...how unusual, not! I love how Chloe's first stop was to get us, she didn't want to go and see if Santa had been without taking her little brother first.








I also thought I would add a couple of photos of the delicious (even if I do say so myself) desserts that I made. These were a BIG hit! Will post the recipes for you all.
Rich Brownie Chocolate Box and ganache.
135gm unsalted butter
295gm caster sugar
2x59gm eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
80gm Dutch cocoa
110gm plain flour
100gm dark chocolate buttons
50ml whipping cream
golden chocolate baubles
Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees. Melt butter and sugar together in large saucepan, cool for 5 minutes. Add vanilla extract and beat in eggs, then stir in dry ingredients. Bake in a lined 13 cm x 22 cm loaf tin for 45-50 minutes. Once cool cut into cubes. For ganache, heat whipping cream and dark chocolate in small pan or microwave, stir until melted. Cool to room temperature. Spoon small mount of chocolate ganache onto each chocolate box before topping with chocolate baubles.
White Chocolate Raspberry Chantilly Shots and Curls.
150ml double cream
200ml sour cream
1Tbsp Vanilla sugar
1/4tsp Vanilla paste
100gm white chocolate
60-80ml raspberry coulis
Hazelnut praline crunch to serve
To make white chocolate curls, melt chocolate over double boiler or in microwave. Spread thin layer over back of metal baking tray or slab of marble. Refrigerate until set. Once firm make curls by dragging a pallet knife over surface or chocolate at right angles. Freeze curls until required.
For white chocolate chantilly shots. Whip cream, sour cream, sugar and vanilla together to soft peak. Place in a piping bag with star nozzle. Layer coulis and cream; pour 1-2 teaspoons raspberry coulis into six shot glasses. Divide half amount chantilly cream into shot glasses, sprinkle over chocolate curls and praline then repeat another layer of each component.
ENJOY!!
1 comment:
Wow looks great Sal!!
I can't believe how big your kids are now, in particular Ryan! I think I'm always going to picture him as a little baby (at least, until I see him again!)
xx J
Post a Comment