Today, the girls and I once again met for our weekly cooking get together. Today's recipe was prosciutto - wrapped chicken. This choice was a good one for me, anyone that knows me will also know that I LOVE chicken.
Here it is...
Prosciutto-wrapped Chicken
Serves 4
Ingredients:
4 chicken breast fillets
2 large buffalo mozzarella (200g) or
2 large buffalo mozzarella (200g) or
4 or 5 bocconcini, finely sliced (this is what we used)
16 semi-dried tomatoes
24 basil leaves, plus extra small basil leaves to serve
8 prosciutto slices (try and ask for long cuts)
2 tbs olive oil
300g tagliatelle
1 1/2 cups tomato passata
Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Using a small, sharp knife, slice through the centre of each chicken breast to make a pocket (without cutting all the way through). Fill each pocket with equal amounts of mozzarella, tomatoes and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Lay two slices of prosciutto slightly overlapping on the work surface, then place a chicken breast on top and wrap to enclose the filling. Repeat for remaining prosciutto and chicken.
Heat oil in large fry-pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken breasts for about 6 minutes until browned on all sides. Transfer to oven and bake a further 8-10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling salted water according to packet instructions, then drain. Heat passata in a pan over medium heat, then toss warm passata through cooked pasta, scattered with basil leaves.

3 comments:
*drool*
And we have those plates!! Gotta love IKEA :)
Oh I am so going to get Snr to make this one next week.
Well done and very inspiring.
That looks so good I am on the verge of tears! It's only 8am and I would kill for a plate of that. Mmmm...
Post a Comment